- James Conden invited mentalist Lior Suchard into his show: all good fun. I love magicians! I have only the weakest desire to work out "how it is done". [Sleightoprev]
- Was that clear? Professor Stanley Unwin clearer advice On Buying a Car
- Quiz Time
- Kimmel-show shows yet again that some Americans are thick as pig-dribble about political geography.
- BBC says that with an 800 word vocabulary you''be able for 75% of normal conversational English. Then suggests you estimate the size of your English language toolkit.
- similar to testyourvocab which I did back in 2014 on another piece about vocabulary size
- BBC also has plain silly quizzes. Take a personality test to find out which country's median to approach most closely. Me? I'm all over Bangladesh.
- Money and math. Much more serious and flagged on the BBC. If you do poorly at these questions [it's relentless and will take at least 30 minutes] then you should worry that people [the press, advertisers, The Man, your boss] will be putting one over on you.
- Human physiology
- The remedy for calf-cramp is counter-intuitive
- My advice is to have a pinch of salt before bed if you've sweated out your reserves of sodium.
- Human psychiatry
- Jon Ronson meets a couple of psychopaths and finds common ground as a journalist
- Remember Nellie Bly? the journalist who got herself admitted to a Madhouse.
- The government's announcement [propaganda vid] of sinking €1billion into 'rural Ireland' has a whiff of the madhouse too. €1bn over 20 years over 2 million people is 50c a week. That will come in handy. When my mother turned 90 in the UK she got an additional 38p to her pension. When she went to the Post Office in her village [since closed] there was nothing in the shop that she could buy with 38p.
- Drought in the Cloughjordan Red Gardens thoughtful data-driven ideas
- Drought is bad on the Swedish Homestead. Working organic matter into the soil helps water retention.
- Pachelbel's Chickon via MeFi
- It's a thing: Titanic in the shower via comment
- Rachel Platten [never 'eard of 'er] - Fight Song
- Or you may prefer it with more kilts and more drone footage?
- Natasha Cook Jenkins - Fools rush in etc
- Bryan "Behind the Brand" Elliot is adopted. Robert Redford could be in the mix? His birth-mother didn't want to know . . . but . . .
Post a Comment