- The drought exaggerates the discrepancy between wet and dry so better shows up archaeological from the air. In Wales anyway.
- Milk is a product.
- US officials apparently bullied Ecuador into withdrawing sponsorship of a UN proposal to promote breastfeeding; because it was against the corporate interests of Dairy Megacorp. See for example report at Tywkiwdbi. or NYT if you can get past the paywall
- Lancet lays 800,000 deaths a year at the door of formula feeding with dodgy water.
- Actually, UNICEF claims the damage is far greater and broader.
- Unrelated Dairy Megacorp story: Danone have changed their formula and told their consumers to suck up any complaints they might have about solubility or allergies. Let alone the fact that the packet size has gone from 900g to 800g for the same price.
- Muladh an Óige: soccer for the dispossessed
- The Man Who Collects Broken Laser Pointers
- Obesity is a National Security Issue
- Food next (obvs!)
- Mushroom hypnosis in Голландии
- Madness in Paul St. in Cork
- Education: I've been on about EducGuru Ken Robinson before. Here's Joshua Katz, a really angry educator, taking on MegaCorp on behalf of his born-to-fail students and a more efficient use of tax-dollars.
- Science: The Ghost Town That Became A Lab
- Their president Kolinda Grabar-Kitarović is a big soccer fan
- She's sorry about the chocolate
- She's sorry about the car
- Her fave singer is Marko Perkovic aka Thompson Bojna Čavoglave
- Song? Peculiar?
- I've caught myself humming this tune all week and last night the words came to me. I clearly the song sings to me; the associated images, not so much.
- Suo Gân or edgier: the Empire of the Sun version [it's a young Christian Bale]
- Georgy Girl by The Seekers <wholesome alert>
- Takeda No Komoriuta 竹田の子守唄
Sunday, 15 July 2018
Bits Bytes Sunday 150718