- Loose ends
- SS Richard Montgomery, prev: packed with WWII munitions, due to have a haircut to remove protruding masts.
- A Franciscan, Dominican and Jesuit Walk into a bar
- André Leon Talley was brought up by his granny. An autodidact brought up in North Carolina by a cleaner and a sharecropper, ALT read a copy of Vogue in the Durham Public Library and cried "This is Me" and, in due course, it was. The link is to an interview on RTE about ALT's new confessional The Chiffon Trenches.
- John Oliver on The [US] Police: tired of John? skip to 31:30 for a less white take.
- Meticulous attention to detail: a 3 second gag from Airplane! is deconstructed via MeFi
- Keep it simple. A year ago I was writing about Lámh, a sign language for those with a limited vocabulary. Here it is in action for Ed Sheerin's Perfect.
- Silvia Angel - more Lámh: colours and animals
- Language: here's a theory that languages with more Ss and Shhs, like English and unlike Japanese, carry more spittle and more virus to neighbours
- Reasons I Drink by Alanis Morissette
Sunday 14 June 2020
St Fortunatus Sunday
A few links to the outside world for the last days of lockdown.