- Psycho-acoustics is a thing. We can't easily determine where a sound is from Up&Down while Left&Right is easy. Sub-text: every American family has a pair of binoculars and a pair of rifles.
- Compassion in the voice. American Idol, Britain's got Talent is a mish-mash. They like to mix in the laughably terrible so that the audience can feel better about themselves - or something. Sometimes it seems that people are up on TV as a vehicle for Simon Cowell's streak of cruelty. The trope is that if Cowell actually likes something, then success is assured, so a lot of triers have to be humiliated. The link has Sam Johnson, a voice coach, trying a little harder to find the good in something marginal rather than just mocking people who aren't [yet?] good at what they do. via Mefi where other links of Johnson's stuff.
- Pilot Maggie: not old enough to vote but old enough to be brave. Heart-breaking and inspiring.
- I've written quite a bit about Lyme Disease a tick-borne, hard-to-cure pain in the head. Yesterday morning RTE countryfile wheeled out Dr Jack Lambert to talk about it. HSE claims a dozen cases a year. Lambert claims that 10% of blood-donors are antibody positive for Lyme. despite claiming 100% accuracy, the HSE/NHS antibody test for Lyme picks up only 50% cases! Podcast.
- 2cellos play The Mission theme
- Steve´n´Seagulls (from Finland) play November Rain perkele and, like, saatana.
- Ditto Nothing else matters
- 28 trombones take on and jazz up Bohemian Rhapsody
- More dancing rabbis than you can shake a stick at.
- More drumming
- Recycling German concrete: save the planet
- Marie Power of The Copper Coast: save the seaweed.
Sunday 16 September 2018
Sunday 160918 Misc
Stuff and nonsense