- Russians singing
- Tulsi Gabbard sues Google for dissing her campaign
- Beau Miles living a varied life interspersed with running miles.
- My friend and mentor, Neil, spent a large part of his adult life working from home: he'd bang out a few letters on his clunky old manual typewriter; then spend half an hour sanding the paint-stripped architraves of his kitchen cabinets; before returning to pore over 19thC city directories for Cardiff or Dublin.
- One of my favourite short stories - now important reading in case of Armageddon? - is Hemingway's Big Two-Hearted River [full txt]
- Here's another fisherman living on and off the river
- Gary Rhodes is, "of course", dead. But the pork belly is still cracklin'
- Clive James is, also, dead. He was the [Aussie] spokesman for culture in Britland
- Sissel: You were always on my mind. Crap video - sound only?
- Helium haemorrhage.
- On clearing drains:
- HIGHWAY HERO: Faced with flood, man single-handedly saves motorists:
- But some boy-scouts take it too far: Bethel Park man gets sucked into storm drain during flash flooding <survives with scratches>
- I love that sort of thing and have spent a couple of happy-but-chilly hours this week-end shovelling out the drains.
- Further to my piece about eye-tests and new spectacles:
- It is finally December, so we're allowed to start thinking about St Mammon's
- Christmas-themed sandwiches "It looks like a sprout, I hate sprouts, I'm not going to eat it"
Sunday, 1 December 2019
Sun moon & stars
It's Dau.I's bday and the 1st of December.