- I was slightly critical "Pardonu Leyzer , bela provo, sed neniu cigaron" of Esperanto on Zamenhof Day in 2013. Jaysus, I didn't take any prisoners in those days. I've just been pointed at Jan Misali's ConLang Critic channel; and inevitably he has a go at Esperanto. You don't have to understand the linguistic jargon: alveolar fricative etc. to love the gallop of it.
- People who know their stuff II: Dan Hurd panning gold on the Fraser River
- prospector's jargon by size nugget > nuggy > picker > flake > speck > flour
- reminder: 1g Au is worth $50
- Utsushi: what to do with that gold (and copper silver and lead).
- If you or your children are illiterate, it might be the way they teach reading.
- Алекса́ндра Константи́новна Костеню́к reflects on chess, gender and politics
- Gortex works but costs an arm and a gel. Frogg Toggs are dead cheap but works pretty good.
- Ivy League Endowments exposed.
- US Universities? what happens when Two Patriarchs clash horns. example of the Streisand Effect
- I'm reading Gut by Giulia Enders. I'll have more to say later. Here's a preview.
- Propaganda for the EU. 1 minute. I believe.
- 19 Jul 1989 United Airlines 232 lost all their hydraulics in flight. Captain Al Haynes, with help, flew the uncontrollable aircraft and crash-landed at Sioux City, saving more than half the passengers' lives. Al "Right Stuff" Haynes (87) has gone to meet the Great Aviator of the Sky.
- Ashokan Farewell by Jay Unger and others
Sunday 1 September 2019
Woo Haa Sep Tem Baa
I have to go back to work tomorrow. Like I have to physically turn up outside HR and sign next to my name to indicate that I'm not still in Bali. This may change the Blob's emphasis or cause it to stop abruptly if the canteen is subject to a coliform terrorist outrage.