- He might have been the model for the Arles Bust [R]
- He divorced his wife Pompeia because she was not above suspicion.
- Gallia est omnis divisa in partes tres
- He used a transposition code
- He tossed a generous salad.
- He was born by C-section.
- He was born with teeth in place.
- He torched the library at Alexandria
- He was captured by pirates
- He rejigged the calendar
- He bigged himself up with a polydactyl horse, like Alex the G.
- Et tu Brute?
We've met this brutal word before when, at the end of the seige of Béziers in 1209, Arnaud-Amaury, victorious Abbot of Cîteaux, instructed "Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius" [Kill them all, for the Lord knows his own]
Post a Comment