- Stop action film showing the marvellous diversity of the insect form.
- I've been on before [cruel and unusual - punishment] about the shameful medicalisation of the death penalty to make it humane. I've witnessed the gas-chamber option with mice and carbon-dioxide which is definitely not humane and practiced cervical dislocation myself which at least is quick[er]. I more or less equated asphyxiation with carbon-dioxide and ditto with argon in that first link. This essay into new methods of humane judicial killing points out my error: we have physiological responses to excess carbon-dioxide but haven't bothered evolved a way of dealing with absence of oxygen. BBC is suggesting that asphyxiation by nitrogen, or argon if you can get it, is painless and quick enough.
- Sing It
- Making :
- a caravan in 6 hours. 32 a day out the door
- artisan salami in NYC
- Kashmiri parathas - they BIG
- slapping a chapatti to life
- Anthony Bourdain on eating in India "You say Bolognese, I say Vector"
- Winging It. Frank "Catch me if you can" Abagnale talking about the rehabilitative power of fatherhood.
- You'd be lucky to get out of Iris Peavoy's shop, in Kinitty Co. Bookdocks, with only the thing you came in for.
- Hammer time! Mind over matter. Remember Legless in Kampuchea from The Blob?
Sunday 10 June 2018
Sunday backstory 100618
Few loose ends or threads need pulling