- I didn't see the [clawed] end of this story about clogged pipes: I larfed. via MeFi.
- Co-worker told me a story about a worker in the Waterford Iron Foundry who used to raffle his weekly paycheque. Not quite charitable because the cheque was for £182/wk and most of the 400 employees each paid in £1 to have a chance at a windfall. Probably Urban Legend.
- Story in a radio segment about de-escalating confrontation with the angry and dispossessed to bring "the problem" back under control. Man goes into a bank with a gun and demands $2,200. Bank-teller finds the specificity of the amount peculiar and asked robber why he needs that much. Robber says his pal will be evicted unless he can raise $2,200 back-rent of his apartment. Teller suggests he go over to the the desk in customer service and she'll come out and arrange a loan for him.
- The madness of pass-time - Dressage à l'Afrique
- Feelgood: Telling people they're beautiful - in Brussels
- On Food and Cookin'
- Making porcetta in Marino IT
- Making Bresaola (mind the Listeria):
- Smashburgers Bon Appetit
- Cake or death - Eddie Izzard
- Cheese wars in Normandie - to pasteurise or not to pasteurise
- Red Deer have heft
- The Slightly Spooky Recamán Sequence <Numberphile alert>
Sunday 24 June 2018
Sunday Sundae 240618