What else has been going on?
- Resilience, responses
- In Bergamo the McCarthys of Mayo write and keep calm [above] in the Italian lock-down - week 5. Go Delia! . . . c a l m l y.
- In Barcelona they played the keyboard.
- In Ringsend they played the Bingo.
- In Lucera they get their hair done
- In Texas they got the groceries sorted - by talking to the Chinese rather than blaming them.
- In Ghana we will get there. We used to sing this at Sîan Croose singing workshops
- In his bunker Maximus Ironthumper worries about folks outside, including his Mum, a bit rambling and maudlin but sincerely put.
- On the Late Late, hozier raising a glass to the dead
- Sky Brown (11) is skateboard champ: have fun, be brave and do it coz you love it. What's not to like? Hope her parents are not loony controlling hot-housers.
- In Poland Laboratorium Pieśni - U lisi (Ой y лиси)
- More? - Sztoj pa moru (Што й па мору)
- In the Nullarbor there are no trees
- In Cork there is no end of talent!
- On line classes are all up-and-running-amok
- Kodaline - Sometimes
- There are enough cases in Ireland to get a handle on granularity of cases by county
- Dau.II asked for a source for rates of covid-19 rather than raw counts: clearly more informative. Hot spots are all micro-nations: Vatican, San Marino, Luxembourg, Iceland, Faeroes
- You may have heard reports that Blood Gp A is higher in covid-19 cases than in controls. Here is the data on medrxiv. Not internally consistent, although statistically significant.
I R = Gp A but I R not concerned because the effect is small even if stat.signif.
- Ben Sparks talks you through the SIR model for disease spread. Physical isolation is a key parameter for flattening the curve. Includes further links.
Stay safe stay sane!