- Tom Scott - science communicator deconstructs science communication at the RI
- Don't forget the Q&A
- Tom Scott on ASCII EBCDIC & UTF-8
- Massimo Vitali's gaff (home, not gaffe=error)
- Haleigh cooks to make Smørrebrød
- Rogan reacts to Kilian "King of the Mountains" Jornet
- Did you see the Gloucester cheese rolling where people hurl themself off a steep slope after a rolling cheese?
- These lads hurl themselves down a white water gorge in a kayak.
- Griff Rhys-Jones looks at Welsh vernacular architecture and surrounding fields
- The last of the master artisanal blacksmiths in Japan.
- Bread - its etymology and associations [brew, boil, bubble, ferment, loaf, lord, lady, dairy, dough, companion . . . I could go on and Mark Sundaram does just that]
- We've had a look at BLEVEs [boiling liquid expanding vapor explosion] before. With the heart-felt advice: do NOT try to put out a chip-pan fire with a cup of water.
- You can make an even more dramatic show if you keep the water separated from the burning oil in a tin can . . . until internal pressure builds up to bursting point. Whooomph! indeed.
- Fairly useful video-essay on political polls [UK general election 12'12'19] and their limitations.
- John "OrdAH" Bercow retired as Speaker of the House of Commons last week. One Trib.
- I shall have more to say about Brineuria the drug which Rees-Mogg bullied through parliament for one of his constituents.
Sunday, 3 November 2019
Tween Hallowe'en & Guy Fawkes
Two nights 31/10 and 05/11 when fireworks go off. Now for the calm between the pyrotechs.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment