- What's the secret to a happy marriage? A good cheese knife helps a lot. via Kottke.
- Prometheus loses his liver or loves his lover? Could be both
- Quincy Symonds, The Flying Squirrel, is 8 now. She's a natural at catching waves. Read more about girls making waves in a boy sport.
- Nice WWII story on Quora about Germans trying to intimidate Kiwis during the Battle of Crete by saying loudly in English "Fix Bayonets" which was disconcertingly met with loud cheers and "Bring it on, Fritz" etc. Same post links to a haka for fallen comrade.
- This is important Ramez Naam talks Exponential Energy.
Wot? It's 40 minutes long!
Watch! It's important.
- I wrote about the Vajont Dam disaster a few years ago. Here's a micro-documentary about it from the Smothsonian.
- What goes into a sausage? Some meat.
- Dau.I was down on a flying visit singing Mark Knopfler's trib to Mason and Dixon [bloboprev]
Sunday, 12 November 2017
Life & death Sunday 121117
Bit of this, bit o' that