- Last Thursday the pilot of an AerLingus plane flying from Dublin to Paris had a near miss with a drone, 2000m up and 50km short of destination. There are a lot of these boy-toys about and they are eliciting some boy-techie solutions for taking them down.
- Other dangers in the environment include John Oliver . . . and lead.
- Droning on? You could do worse than listen to a panel discussion featuring Mattieu Ricard, the Dahlia Llama, Sir Ken Robinson, Eckhart Tolle and others talking to "Educating the Heart and Mind-Creativity". Sir Ken, as always, funny&serious, starting at 28min. The others not so good.
- THRILLS on the track 4x400m at Santry in N Dublin.
- Entirely missing the point: industrial croissants.
- For yesterday from CNN a Shaxper Quiz. 18/20, me: the advantages of a very expensive education [with another quiz]
Sunday, 24 April 2016
Droning on 240416
A few links that have up-cropped these last few days.