Saturday 4 January 2020

Seven year itch

[Four score and] seven years ago Dr Bob brought forth on this platform, a new blog, conceived in Blobberty, and dedicated to the proposition that it's not hard to find something interesting in the ordinary. 2840 blobs later, I still buy that assessment. I know that the only person who reads all through all of this stream is my identical twin brother separated at birth and raised in comfort on the Planet Zorg. That idle bugger doesn't have to work for a living. Normal people will only care tuppence about a subset of the posts and even when interested will find it hard to get my drift: because there is no copy-editor to correct the material for sense and The Editor accepts any- and everything.

I have to confess that when I look at the back-catalogue, I am often bemused: what is he on about here? what is he On? But, as often, I read the material with a rueful chuckle and wonder why it's not more widely read. To celebrate a milestone of seven years work, I've written a small random-number generator to pick out seven different posts from 05-Jan-2013 to 04-Jan-2020:


I don't like those much. But here's the thing: why not use the calendar on the right margin and see what I wrote on your mother's birthday in 2015 - YMMV!

1 comment:

  1. I haven't read all of your posts, but just about all of them since I started reading in 2015. A great way to start the day. Your widely-varying topics are good for dusting the cobwebs off my ossifying brain.

    Your work here is appreciated.

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete