We had two [choppy] trips across the Irish Sea since New Year. I've come across a couple of nautical links over the same time-period.
- From Timber to Tide a man builds and sails his own boat.
- Enduring mal de mer: a sweet story about a young fisherman losing his lunch but not the respect of his family and friends.
- Cool water. An elderly Thames barge-skipper, looking uncannily like actor Michael Caine, sings a shanty
- Sarf Australia. Shanties? You can't do shanties without tribbing Bert Lloyd
- Waulking the wool. Women sing work-songs too!
Post a Comment