In an ideal world we'd put Christmas in a box and have it delivered on the 24th December, where its unpacking would delight and entrance the children. Decorating the tree; putting out a carrot for Rudolf; and a stiff whiskey for 'Santa' could all be compressed into a time of mystic power. As it is 'Christmas' starts as soon as Thanksgiving is finished, if not shortly after Hallowe'en.
- I thought I'd share a Christmas clip from a community in England . It's made by a younger-than-me couple who live on the same block as The Boy. Those who have kids can dance and those who don't have dogs and even the old buffer who lives on his own has a fine Xmas jumper. They look out for each other, at least partly because some of the people make the effort to be inclusive and a little bit more generous than average.
- Well, that made feel a lot better. All those young wans reminded me of The Capital Children's Choir - singing Lily Allen's Chinese. The Beloved and I watched this other day and pointed to various young singers - there's Ellen; that's Isla; could be Nads; the spit of UnaMaia.
- More CCC? Shake it out ?
- More Tom Lehrer: Poisoning Pigeons in the Park
- Heart warming: two minority Dads become unexpected pals.
- George HW '41' Bush died recently. I wouldn't have been his greatest fan but I liked this tribute by his old friend Sen Al Simpson.
- Politics: the Irish election of 1918 graphically. Sinn Féin landslide.
- Human Physiology
- Infotoon on the physiology of stress - pinch of salt required but mostly sound.
- The Deadly Logistics of Climbing Everest
- Physiology needs food
- On the Pigs Back <Friendface alert>- spot the Dau!
- Artisan sourdough
- Cod fillets - imagine cleaning these fish at sea in a Force 7 gale.
- Dublin in the rare ould times
- Modern cities hate pedestrians. Jeff Speck re-designs for walkability.
Post a Comment