had a bit of a hysterical flap aboutwrote about the Oroville Dam crisis. It seems to have abated, and 200,000 people are returning home after some enforced camping on high ground, although the repair of the spillway is looking at a $100 million bill.
- Update 21Feb17 Oroville: clearing downstream debris so that the hydro-electric plant can kick in again and add 12,000cfs of useful outflow.
- The tin-foil hat chem-trail take on Oroville[in the interest of balance]
- an alternative spillway design
- This is how to build a dam in the woods, spillways, overflows and all.
- And this is the dam fail. Not surprisingly in these days of the pornography of destruction, the fail gets 10x the view of the constructive phase
- what is a 100 year flood?
- Utrecht's moat is restored to water after 50 years as the country's shortest motorway
Sunday, 26 February 2017
One dam thing after another
A bunch of allll wet links
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment