- A parable on knowing the natural world: when scientists should shut up.
- John "Bud" Hawk won a medal in 1944.
- Oroville update. 300,000 cu.m. of roller compacted concrete fill in this Springs catastrophic erosion canyon. What the Oroville? Prevoblob.
- The Room. Trash cinema? Ironic viewing? Metastable bipartisanship?
- The best of . . . and no, I have never seen Rocky Horror Picture Show but I know one bloke who went every weekend for years. Then again, his aunt & uncle watched Casablanca uncountable times.
- Mystery boxes if you have more money than sense and don't do cinema
- $165 she'll never see again
- Metafilter presented me with a site about fantasy sex by/with/for Mormon Missionaries and one of the comments pointed me at The Missionary Mall where young proselytizers can purchase on-line frumpy skirts and wholesome jackets. In this world men are called elders even in their 20s; women are called sisters and a single sock costs $7.99!
- Simpson's paradox when data mean what you want them to mean? Rather you have to have your crap-detector polished at all times.
Sunday, 29 October 2017
Sun Misc 291017
Weird and wonderful in the world beyond my front door: