- Danny MacAskill's Day Out [very widely noted by the blogosphere].The mountain-biker out on a wee jaunt. The last minute / credits is a series of painful out-takes showing that this, like all 'nature' films including those of the beloved St David of Attenborough, are a big flaming lie. If you can bear to do what 45 million people have done already, watch Danny on the very edge . . . with its own fid of out-takes and painful looking tumbles.
- Bob Dylan winning the Nobel prize for literature? Are we flamin' bonkers here? This is the best living literateur in the World?? I'm a fan and was a huge fan in my teens but as literature, not really. I had a copy of his book Tarantula but couldn't read it - damn-fool nonsense. And I'm not alone in this assessment, it/he won an unintellibility prize for the sentence "Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." Nevertheless this gives us an excuse to hear old favorites:
- Don't Think Twice It's All Right with 1960s London film footage
- Boots Of Spanish Leather. Lovely version by Nanci Griffiths
- Tambourine Man.
- Visions of Johanna.
- 70s? Christo's Running Fence.
- Andy Goldsworthy's found art.
- With or without you. Girls in plaid skirts and green neck-ties - a little weird frankly.
Sunday, 16 October 2016
A romp then songs 161016
IN the news this last week and in other times
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment