- Y'all need fuel in winter unless you live where there ain't no winter. Here's a young chap learning that you can't split elm Ulmus ssp. As one of the comments puts it: dude u have no idear how to split wood - true enough but elm's grain is so tangled that even pros avoid splitting the stuff by hand. That unsplittability gave elm a particular role for making the hubs of wagon wheels.
- Young chap? All you need to know about The
LegoLast Jedi <spoiler>
- Was I moaning about the intrusion of a 2000 piece jigsaw into my life? I was!
- Could it have been worse? It could! A whole gestation worse.
- Could it have been 3 orders of magnitude simpler? It could!
- Other puzzles? The Carbonaro Effect.
- You may not like [the memory of] Margaret Thatcher but I can't fault her for being personally thrifty.
- Space the final front-ear:
- The birth of a [not so] new [now] island, called Hunga Tonga-Hunga Ha'apai. I didn't report it at the time, but I've had a bit to say about other eruptions. It's spacy because, terrestrial volanoes help us understand the ' geology' of Mars. Timelapse with strings.
- How long is a long time? Do you think the solar system as we see it today predates life on Earth? Not so, it seems, those iconic rings round Saturn: they might have materialised as recently as 150 mya: long long after vertebrates took their first tentative steps on land. Smithsonian.
- Where do the ideas come from? David Bowie and Thomas Vinterberg compare notes.
- Recent history:
Sunday, 31 December 2017
Last colour supplement 2017
Sunday, legs up all day, waiting for the next meal or a nice glass of wine.