- Ducks and drakes. Stone Skimming World Championships 2014. Three Stone Toss-Off. or World record for skipping a stone over water.
- Hornussen. A cross between golf and hurling.
- Jomswikinger. Blind-man's buff with a satchel full of lutefisk.
- Bollaí Bóthair. Pursuing a ball down a country lane. The Champ. In Fenor, Co Waterford, where we often get delayed on a Sunday.
- Log-rolling for girls. At least one wet t-shirt guaranteed.
- I'm a Lumberjack, in St Stephen, New Brunswick. Lumberjills (erk!?) also.
- Pillow-fighting in Kerala. More wet people.
- Tossing the caber. Apparently the idea it to line up the tree-trunk so it falls directly away from the tosser.
- Conker championships. Freshford, Co Kilkenny. Hitting the other chap's chestnut with your own until one breaks. Traditional: Irish Championship, upcoming Kilkenny 25th October 2015.
Sunday 20 September 2015
Sports for all
Sunday Sport II. Fed up with Rugger and boxing? Want to try something less intense that still gets you out in the fresh air and reduces your risk of myopia?