12th September is a national holiday in Cabo Verde, the most civilised and healthiest republic in (or at least off) Africa. Like other civilised places including Ireland, their National day is not Independence Day. Which is 5th July in Cabo Verde and not yet in Ireland - we're waiting for the boys to stop squabbling in The North. I thought, on behalf of Turismo Cabo Verde, that I'd point you at some parts of the culture of this hot and reasonably happy place.
- Ilha de Santiago sung by Marya Andrade
- Mas amor by Marya Andrade and the boys
- Nos bandera saluting the flag in song
- Funaná Cabo Verdean girls shake their booty
- Brincadera de Aos by Tabanka Djazz
- Bom Txon di Mangui by Bana
- Tarrafal by Pó di Terra added 13/Sep/15