I was in "Ireland's Greyest town" New Ross last Thursday, shopping in Aldi. To get there, I had to walk past (on the other side of the street) LiDL
To be clear. I have for more than 10 years characterized my disdain for Boxing in the person of Katie Taylor, but I am not blaming Ireland's star boxer whom I consider a victim as well as a biffer. The Promoters are the bad boys in this, seconded by Punters. Boxing is different from prize-fighting only qualitatively: we have not come a long way since Kilmaine's Own Gentleman Jim Corbett. The business is better regulated and aficianados are shocked, shocked I tell you if- They shoot horses don't they ?
- How do you spell contact sport encephalopathy ?
- What is the Irish for shame ?
- náire as in Nach bhfuil náire ort?
- Will you join me in boycotting LiDL for supporting the 18thC ?

No comments:
Post a Comment