- I'm sure, therefore that you want to hear Harry the King giving it socks to the happy few.
- I saw this by chance last weekend and it's truly extraordinary. An extended family dancing in each other's company: mostly very young chaps and lassies who don't seem to be ashamed to keep a 300 year old tradition alive in North Carolina - it's 1964. And the most extraordinary thing - they are all, from 8 to 80, thin.
- Recipe gifs: sweet biscuits . . .Pizza dip . . . more moving food.
- Art meets Science. The American Society for Microbiology ASM has just announced the results of its competition to make good art [Gaiman exhortation] using petri dishes as your canvas. You have to know your bugs for this: Serratia marcescens [previously] is a particularly vivid red, for example. Hat tip to Marcella.
- I was all wet about
HurricaneTropical Storm Patricia yesterday. The monster made landfall almost exactly halfway between the two biggest population centres in the region and promptly turned into a comparative pussy-cat - albeit a wet one with a lot of rain dumped in Mexico. There may be nothing left by the time it crosses the border in Texas.
- Feel-good story of a low-tech modern medicine solution to glutaric aciduria type 1 (GA1) a devastating inborn error of metabolism, like PKU. via neatorama.