- Two today lads, James & Mark try a single 467km!! stage of the original 1903 Tour de France; on original era bicycles. It's a bit like Scott et al. setting off for the South Pole without GPS, Gortex, fibreglass, fleece, aluminium or rip-stop nylon. There's well 'ard and old style hard.
- Real men? Juan Browne tells ya how to cope with prostate cancer. tl;dr with courage and data.
- Naive men. Remember the Northwick Park drug trial which went horribly wrong?
- Piece to camera about survivor of the near death experience
- Rutger Hauer dead. We watched Ladyhawke a lot when the girls were small.
- Leonard Cohen is dead too. But he was grateful to a young Spaniard for starting him off.
- Making up one for the team? Liam 'Deaf' McMulkin, a student at Dundee U, couldn't wait for his designated signer to spell out phosphoglucomutase in his biochem lectures. So he invented a load of STEM terms in BSL.
- Voluntary hardship? Why not buy the decommissioned South Goodwin Lightship [42m x 8m] and make an office in tthe hull? First remove 180cu.m. of foam inserted by Trinity House to improve buoyancy after the vessel was de-manned.
- Or you could build a boat out of cardboard and lots of PVA.
- You could rather buy a model lightship and finish the project quicker and cheaper.
- Ships? Honking night and day in the Port of Duluth [more via]
- Lock picking lawyer: always ready to tell you the padlock you just bought is utter crap.
- Ozzy Man is much louder and profaner than the LPL <trig warn> F***, C***, W***
Sunday 4 August 2019
Tour des hommes durs
It's hard chaws and can-do blokes today.