- We are awash with green beans 6-8oz = 175-225g every couple of days. 'Tis the season to ferment some veggies.
- Pastéis de Belém
- The Manufactory Bread in LA
Monty Python and the Ministry of Silly Walks: <python alert> Random walks and Monte-Carlo simulation.
- Harry Markopolis dishes GE. <fraud alert> Convincing, articulate take-down of one of the World's biggest corpos.
- Lady with Alzheimer's dies. Son donates body to Alz charity for research. Chairity sells "most of" the body to the US military for experiments on the effects of IED blasts on the human body. [story] via. Bloboprev on uninformed consent use of [baby] cadavers.
- Statement: When girls go out wearing tiny tight skimpy outfits I mean they have the choice to wear something else. some thing less provocative, so really girls are asking for it.
- Counter: If you're out in public and I see you're not wearing protective headgear, does that give me the right to smash in your skull with a hammer? I mean you're asking for it because you're not wearing something to protect your head. source via
- Moral: Your rights end where my nose begins.
- Steven J. Dubner of Freakonomics fame [prev] throws light on the quirkiness of life when you look at things a bit sideways: "When to Rob a Bank".
- More side-thinkers have a crack at Cicada 3301
- Another [olde] puzzle - Rennes-le-Château
- "A painter can't expect to make a living but can make a life . . . with a certain calm". Wayne Theibaud looks back on his life.
Sunday, 25 August 2019
Last August compendium