- Manly stuff: filleting salmon for drying as winter-trail dog-food.
- We've met Stan Zuray before with his fish-wheel for hoiking salmon out of the Yukon River . . . and yesterday at length.
- Explanation of licencing, quotas, economics
- To Russia fishing through holes in the ice.
- Whoa. It seems from surveys at Scientific American that tree-hugging is seen as a 'women's thing' and blokes feel that using a canvas bag at the supermarket [cue Tim Minchin] labels them as a Total Girl. What are these dudes even shopping for; don't they have a mother to do that for them? Bring on the bag-shaming, I say.
- Nerd-papa. Steve Mould [prev] graphs his wife's contractions on Excel
- Why [private] medicine is mad expensive in the US (same arguments prolly apply in Ireland)
- Living in a converted grain silo in Berlin - footprint = 2x2m but high ceilings
- Remember the floods in Houston last Summer? Some citizens just got on with being right neighbourly.
- Sam Houston State U is all for free-speech until someone cusses out the president. No not That President nor indeed his Dad, the last one. Not current = 2012
- Nearer home Fundamentalist Christians being silenced in UCG . There is no point in having free speech if you close down everything you feel uncomfortable about.
- The Oxford Union invites everyone and his dog to talk to them and answer questions. Here's Anthony Scaramucci who was briefly the Communications Director for the Trump administration. In Oxford, he is whip-sharp, articulate and confusing - because he is a Money-wins-all Republican <boooo> who also supports marriage equality <raaaay>. See if you are good enough on free-speech to watch to the end. If you hunt through youtube, you can find the same forum just lovin' Bernie Sanders.
- Move over C3PO; Doordash Robot local delivery
Sunday, 7 January 2018
Sunday Mixie 070118
Heck n jiminy it's 2018 already. I'm back at work tomorrow, so I'll be busy enough for the next 15 weeks. We have some interesting stuff lined up for R&R today: