"What's wrong my petal, my love, my heir", go his doting parents.
"It's not ENOUGH", he rages.
True, dat! Once you start with The Stuff it's never enough: another blanket, a second digging-stick. a better obsidian knife . . . and 10,000 years later there's no rain-forest and the water in the stream smells peculiar.
A brief respite from that nagging feeling of St Chrimbo's Disappointment :
- Don't Let me Down this Christmas - Waiting for Smith [new talent!]
- Drummer boy: you can never have enough parapa pum pum
- Parapa pum one - Pentatonix
- Parapa pum two - Bowie & Bing
- Parapa pum three - Alex Boyé helps the homeless
- Guillot prends ton tambourin. The French march to a different drummer
- In the Bleak Midwinter - King's College Cambs Choir
- Carúl Inis Córthaidh - local [to me] carol in the Mixolydian mode
Postscript Along the flaggy shore. The words by Seamus Heaney
Post a Comment