I've had a dip or six into 1,411 before parcelling copies up for the deserving poor. This is what I find:
- When Canada's Northwest Territory was divided in two in 1999, people voted to keep the old name. The runner up was "Bob".
- It became Northwest Territories and . . . Nunavut.
- I shall stop boasting about Bob the Island, now we have Bob the Province
- Over the last 10,000 years Niagara Falls has moved 7 miles up stream
- about 1m/yr!
- Every year Iceland gets wider by 2cm.
- rock creation is slower than rock erosion
- British fishermen work 17 times harder than they did in the 1880s to catch the same number of fish.
- and 400 years before that, you could pull cod up in baskets they were so plentiful
- There are 1,411 tigers in India
- whoop whoop over-precision alert: plus or minus, say, 10 . . . probably minus, eh?
- Sigmund Freud treated Gustav Mahler for impotence
- [Additional commentary exclusive to The Blob]
As a bonus here's a set of QI pub-quiz style picture puzzles that you can access for free and have a chance at winning a prize. Why, I've knocked off #13 already, so it can't be that hard.