- Start with[disturbing alert] U2's rendition.
- Have you come across James "The Duck" Veitch. I thought it was funny.
- I also like this, recently discovered, chap: Maximus Ironthumper asserts that biodiversity is all about margins and proceeds to create a few edges in his woodland.
- Fosbury Flop is launched, Mexico City, October 1968.
- Mudlarking on Hoo Island in the Medway, Kent, UK
- We've mentioned, quite in the wrong context, Plimsoll and his line before. Here's an interesting essay about reading the glyphs on the sides of ships; so that tug-boats and pilots can approach them safely.
- And mooring these big ships? It's all good fun till somebody loses an anchor.
- Richard Ayoade and Fay Ripley have a weird meal and visit a bottle museum in Oslo. I can't unsee this peculiar experience.
- Making tea according to ISO 3103. Under ISO rules every cup of tea is the same; the process is sufficiently specified that it is reproducible . . . every time. Who would want that? the joy of tea, as the joy of so much else in life is that each cup of tea is an adventure.
- A heart-
breaking-warming story of the act of creation and the art of acceptance.
- Blind date in Ireland with Jennifer Maguire: For every ould sock there is an old shoe.
- Forget the mammy state and the snowflake generation. In Denmark they fire kindergartners out in the woods with knives and axes and see how many survive.
- Titanic sunk 15 April 1912. My heart will go on and on and on.
Sunday, 15 April 2018
Sunday Bloody Sunday 150418