- Marking two Excel exams from my final classes on Wednesday
- Attending a PhD viva and congratulating the candidate
- Delivering three research project reports to colleagues in Teagasc on the other side of town
- Meeting of the Research Board
- A few re-hydrating cups of tea
- Wait on James Reilly, TD. Minister of Children and former Health Minister
Groundhog Day reference] and being asked to talk about Lithium in the Blackstairs: possibly the most exciting and potentially damaging thing to happen in the constituency this century. But you could tell he wasn't really interested, his radar was scanning over my shoulder for another hand to shake. I asked one of our suits who was the well turned out baldy guy on the visitor's team, and it was David Fitzgerald, county councillor, who is hoping to continue to Keep Kilkenny Beautiful [and Right] while upping his gross pay from CC=€16,724 to TD=€87,258, which is a little more than I'm pulling down. It looked like the Minister had instructed the Candidate "Stick close to my shoulder, boy, and let me do the talking." as he worked the room - it was an anthropological wonder to see everyone presenting themselves to the alpha-male: we're just primates. The style of Reilly's boss Enda Kenny is miraculous to see - that's why he's Taoiseach.