- A family legend vindicated through research: Mrs Salmon, the director's granny, was invited to the opening of a Welsh oceanarium because of her name and met lots of people called Haddock, Codde, [prevs] Crabbe, Herring [prev], Jelly. Just lovely.
- Tarpon season
- Herring fishery Dunmore East [prev]
- Sing it! Shoals of herring
- Fly fishing is a joke: because it makes you smile but it's hard to analyse why.
- Along the Way: Boys bonding up and down Canadian Rivers
- Seven with one blow - mackerel fishing off Donegal rocks
- Fishing Miami storm-drains for peacock bass Cichla spp. and large mouth bass Micropterus salmoides - move over crocodiles in NYC sewers.
- Cambodia: traditional hole-trapping for misc fish
- Hundreds of tuna getting poled aboard - Greenpeace approved!
- I know (I'm a biologist!) that sperm whales Physeter macrocephalus are not fish but they will fizz up as they ferment
- It's not just men
- Silver Carp Hypophthalmichthys molitrix is a worrying US invasive species of Asian Carp.
- Rednecks take 'em out with a variety of primitive weapons.
- The fish fight back >!whup whup!< Tnx Russ!
- Going all technical:
Sunday, 9 July 2017
Fishy tales 090717
I have done a bit of fishing although rarely as an adult. I lack the patience to sit on the bank of a river waiting for the bob to bob and get sea-sick in small boats unless it is flat calm. My father knew how to fish with flies and tried to teach us to cast flies across the lawn into a washing-up bowl full of water. That was never going to induce a passion for fly-fishing! I've cited Robert Redford's lovely fishing film A River Runs Through It. But I'll share some short fishy films for those who, like me, have the attention span of a gnat.